Welcome to TIVERTON 1st!

Tiverton 1st is a grassroots community organization open to all who support preserving our quality of life in Tiverton by maintaining both our community and school services in a fiscally-responsible way, and promoting cooperation, compromise and community pride.
Membership is open to all Tiverton residents who are at least 18 years old & support Tiverton 1st's principles & goals (non-residents or those under 18 years old are welcome to join as non-voting members). There's no membership fee.Just email your name, address, phone # and email address to: Tiverton1st@cox.net.
You can also request to become a "Tiverton 1st Friend"& join our confidential email list.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

LETTER FROM BUDGET COMMITTEE CANDIDATE DEBORAH SCANLON JANICK


My name is Deborah Scanlon Janick and I am a lifetime Tiverton resident.  I love our town and I am running for Budget Committee.  My husband and I chose to raise our children here.  My parents and siblings still live in Tiverton.  I have a vested interest in ensuring that we maintain a healthy balance between fiscal responsibility and quality services for all of our citizens.  This is imperative, not just for today, but also for the future.  

As I indicated, I am a candidate for the Budget Committee.  The 2015 budget will present challenges, given that the Library bond funding will be a significant financial factor.  The Budget Committee will need to rise to the occasion: ask the difficult questions, make the difficult decisions, and think outside the box.  The Committee will need to think of the town as a whole, rather than just a select few.  They will need to develop a budget which provides the quality services we are accustomed to, yet keep our taxes reasonable.  

My background includes 25 years managing healthcare professionals, including developing and overseeing multimillion dollar budgets.  I feel that experience such as mine is essential to the Budget Committee process.  I have made the difficult decisions, been forced to “work smarter, not harder” to provide quality health care while working within tight budgets.  
  
At the end of the day, we are all Tiverton residents and we all deserve quality services for our money.  The late William French, our former Town Clerk, and my former neighbor, often said “Tiverton is God’s country.  I could not imagine living anywhere else.”  I could not agree more.  I humbly ask for your vote on November 4th.  

Deborah Scanlon Janick
Candidate for Tiverton Budget Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment