Welcome to TIVERTON 1st!

Tiverton 1st is a grassroots community organization open to all who support preserving our quality of life in Tiverton by maintaining both our community and school services in a fiscally-responsible way, and promoting cooperation, compromise and community pride.
Membership is open to all Tiverton residents who are at least 18 years old & support Tiverton 1st's principles & goals (non-residents or those under 18 years old are welcome to join as non-voting members). There's no membership fee.Just email your name, address, phone # and email address to: Tiverton1st@cox.net.
You can also request to become a "Tiverton 1st Friend"& join our confidential email list.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

LETTER: TOWN COUNCIL PRESIDENT ED RODERICK


A letter to the people of Tiverton

I want to thank the people of Tiverton for granting me the honor and privilege of serving you for these past six years.  Since first being elected I have tried to work hard for all the people of Tiverton, taking into account what benefits all the people, not just a few.  I firmly believe that any elected official must refrain from bringing his or her personal agenda to the table, but work for the greater good.  This does not mean that you don’t have favorite causes, but they should be weighed on how they affect the entire town.

As a Councilman, I realized that I was only a steward of our town, there to work for the benefit of the town and not for personal gain or glory.  Through these six years I have seen councils evolve from petty rivalries and bickering to a group who can disagree, but work with one goal in mind and that is the betterment of Tiverton.

As the next election looms ahead I would like to tell those who will receive the honor of serving this town to remember, you are elected to serve all the people of Tiverton, work to build Tiverton and not tear it down, and lastly remember these two words, respect and compromise.

I just want to add that I find it comical that there are candidates and others who are attacking me in letters in local newspapers. Why?  Are they so insecure that think I wield such power that they need to come after me even though I am not a candidate?  Or are they so self serving as to think that theirs is the only view that is correct.  Are these the same people that claim how much they care about our Town, but continue a six year law suit, or unfounded Charter complaints?  

I ask all the people of Tiverton to ask yourself, do you want to live in a Town that is moving forward or taking a step back to pettiness and small minded thinking?  Please think about this on Election Day.

Again thank you to the people of Tiverton, it was my privilege to serve you, though I will not in office, I am not going away, this is our town and I will continue to care and work for it.  I only hope in some small way I have made Tiverton a better place.

Thank you,
Edward A. Roderick


No comments:

Post a Comment